Hughes Selected for Complex Commercial SATCOM Solutions (CS3) Contract Vehicle from GSA
This recent award marks the third time that Hughes has been selected as a provider for this lineage of contracts and is a testament to the company's proven delivery of satellite solutions for the federal government. CS3 will help simplify the procurement of complex global
"Hughes is proud to have been selected for the CS3 contract and the opportunity to continue supporting government agencies, worldwide, on their missions requiring satellite communications," said
Under CS3, Hughes will supply government agencies with customizable solutions designed to meet networking requirements across multiple categories, including:
- Emergency Responder Operations
- Interactive Services
- Broadband access
- Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- Training Networks
Hughes will offer government agencies higher speeds, data and reliability than ever before to support critical applications such as:
- Broadband Access - With high-throughput satellite coverage available virtually everywhere, remote locations will no longer be a limiting factor for connecting government sites.
- Continuity of Operations - To protect against network failures and outages, agencies can utilize satellite as a path-diverse backup to their primary networks. Satellite provides additional resiliency to terrestrial-based network infrastructure, which is vulnerable to natural and man-made disasters.
- Emergency Response - Satellite communications provide vital networking capabilities when disasters strike. Vehicle-mounted or flyaway VSAT kits can be quickly deployed for instant, high-speed connectivity, even in the most remote locations enabling the sharing of real time situational awareness video and data.
The Hughes solutions available on CS3 will leverage the Hughes JUPITER™ System, the most widely deployedhigh-throughput satellite broadband platform, which supports a wide range of applications, such as broadband access, enterprise networking, cellular backhaul, and communications-on-the-move. The JUPITER System is the first platform to successfully deploy the DVB-S2X standard, widely recognized as the most bandwidth-efficient in the marketplace, making it the preferred technology choice for delivering advanced satellite broadband services around the globe.
About Hughes Network Systems
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hughes-selected-for-complex-commercial-satcom-solutions-cs3-contract-vehicle-from-gsa-300555864.html
Dan Brown, Hughes Network Systems, LLC, (301) 601-7216, Dan.email@example.com; Donna Armstrong, ConnellyWorks, Inc., (571) 323-2585, ext. 6140, firstname.lastname@example.org